Content distribution ideas! Mike gives the session he did at PCMA last month in San Diego. Some easy ways you can get more out of your meeting and conference content. 1) Grass Shack Events & Media – Creative & Technical Production
– Founder of Event Camp- all about social media and event technologies
Started to talk about three different areas of meetings– Production, AV and Third party planning
Thousands and thousands of downloads.
Meetings Podcast is the Media now- attend industry events like PCMA and MPI to help distribute content.
We are the official podcast of the 2011 Virtual Edge Summit.
2) How many of you know what a podcast is?
How many of you listen to podcasts?
What shows do you listen to? —-cooking, beekeeping, poured a cement slab for a pizza over- watched a podcast on how to do it.
How many of you have created a podcasts?
3) @ stitcher -TuneinRadio Mobile Apps and of course itunes-
4) (KIVA SLIDE) how did I get into podcasting. I started listening to them in 2006. Then started producing them shortly after that…
recording sessions for clients and starting meetingspodcast.
Kiva.org – micro-finance- really fun way to get the information out from the mouths of the folks in the trenches
5) (Audio-Video Slide) Podcasting can be audio or video-(rip audio from video)–
Recent study by my friend Tom Webster at Edison Research found –
-Most actually listen from a desktop computer.
-Two-thirds of podcast listeners do it in their in their cars by connecting an iPod or other MP3 player to their car audio system
70 million Americans listen to podcasts and that number s growing rapidly.
-Podcast consumers index very highly for social networking behaviors. which means it will be shared more with friends
-The podcast audience has migrated from being predominantly “early adopters” to more closely resembling mainstream media consumers.
-This equates to approximately 70 million Americans listen to podcasts. 2010
6) (Keep Members/Attendees engaged slide) What would I podcast for my association or business? Get found!
People come to events & meetings for the experience–so keep the experience alive after and then leading up to your next event.
7) (GOOGLE SEARCH Slide) find you on the internet—–
Why not capture and distribute?
AANS -They have different feeds- all free to set up. (Really great- different subscribe feeds for different topics)
8) (iTunes University)– (story) free education….. If you are educating your members let them access it in many different ways as possible (we will talk more about that later)
9) Video Camera/Sound Board Slide) Start in by capturing your conferences and meetings contents audio and video
Talk to your production company or AV company and tell them you want to record it and what it is for. Put it in your RFPs- work with a livestream company to capture (sonic foundry)
10) Also start thinking about recording stand alone podcasts- Think about how your audience might like there content, try different things ask for feedback…
Weekly or monthly digests of what is going on in your niche or industry.
How to’s. _ Get great downloads
Episodic (script some show)
Monthly sit downs with leadership- answer questions from members. (wells fargo)
Make them in familiar radio formats such as news shows, plays, talk shows, reports from the field, journalistic investigations and so on they seem to work best. But down and dirty recordings/interviews are also great.
11) Distribution—- Kid slide
Distribution (title of the talk!!)
Engage and give more experiences to members and find new members.
People learn differently- so give them content in as many ways as you can.
Put those videos down your rss/subscription feed and use your distribution channels.
Also ebooks or pdfs can also go down your feed….. very versatile for your audience.
12) Captured Content Slide
Transcribe it- Crabtree solutions
Summerize sessions Mitchell
13) Audio and Video Podcast Files
Break down into blog posts (summaries of recordings to – Mitchell Beers company Conference Publishers)
Articles for industry magazines/websites
Newsletters and email marketing messages
amazon eBooks — (4 million kindles were sold this holiday season) – ebook sales are up 175%… you can put them up there from free.
Yearly Highlight Conference Book? Blurb.com ( Hire a photographer)
14) Podcast Sessions/Show files
Player on your website & Blog
youtube (make it interesting to look at) Use you audio file and add images (art card video) nothing gets lost in translation- Powerful tool
Itunes & Stitcher
You tube Channel
Wikipedia for your association. Best ranking spot. Add links to shows you create.
Webinars with content- bring speakers in for Q & A
Make sure you take the time to do- descriptions filled in(transcripts) – tags- hashtags- keywords (use free google adwords tools to find the best phrases in your descriptions for higher rankings)
Twitter (industry hashtags)
Facebook (groups) status post to page
Linkedin (groups) status
Google+Page on google+. Google is ranking google plus pages higher. fill it with your content- shows etc….
Industry Forum boards
Hands on— so if you want to create a podcast right now download the mobile apps: italk, audio boo, evernote app or sign into blogtalk radio, ustream which are all free services to capture your content.
After you have captured it. Email the file or link and send it to a friend and there you will have your first podcast.
If you want to go farther with that podcast go to Itunes and read Apple’s own guide to Making a Podcast. For all the info on using their service to get it out to your audience.
How to record a podcast.
Meetingspodcast has been made the same way basically since we started-
1) We record with skype for interviews. (call recorder- $$$)
2) Conference call service that records calls and exports an mp3 for those who dont use skype
3) Bring the file into Garageband (Apple) and before that Audacity for the PC- simple bumpers that I use each time…. my wife reads a small intro and outro to music from a friends band (Delgato brothers)
4) Export to itunes- fill in id3 tags
4) Upload it to Libsyn.com hosts the file.
5) Grab the link to put on your blog from libsyn
6) fill out description, tags and use google adwords. (also where you can put your transcripts if you like…add links to trusted sites so your readers and google can find you for organic search– Use the more button)
8) Now this free content you have sent out to the world.
- Remember That a Podcast is Just One Tool in Your Online Armoury (blogworld.com)